WELCOME to another Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest! This is #6, but I’m just asking for work to keep numbering them.
I recommend reading about how to write terrible poetry. Read these rules, then enter:
- The topic is Horrible Christmas Song Lyrics. Yep -we’re going there.
I intend to not do a contest after this, because of Christmas, so this is the last time you’ll have to hear 🎵 “Sir, I want buy these shoes…” 🎶
- Keep the song short enough that you can write it and still spend time with family; also so that we don’t all want to wring your neck.
- It’s gotta rhyme. Dude, it’s a song.
- Remember: make it terrible. My seven-year-old will want to sing it over and over and over and over and -you get the idea. -Not that I want it to feature underpants. Please.
- Keep it PG-Rated. Like I said: my kid will be singing it.
Think you can do it? You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (December 21, 2018) to submit.
Post your poem or the specific link to it in the comments.