Welcome to The Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest, Week Seventeen. I went back and counted.
If you’re new, confused, and/or need directions; read the how-to about terrible poetry. Here, at The Terrible Poetry Contest, we strive to make the best of the best shudder and crawl back under a blanket of Shakespeare. We aim to offend, but in a very high-minded way.
Here are the rules for this week’s prompt:
- The topic is Under-the-Table Deals.
- For length, keep your poem greater than or equal to a haiku but less than Beowulf.
- Should you rhyme? Up to you this occasion.
- Most importantly, make it terrible. I want the back-alley agents of disreputable deals to turn themselves in, sobbing, just to get away from what you write.
- Keep it PG-rating or lower. You can do it.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (March 15, 2019) to submit a poem. Hey; it’s The Ides of March and my wedding anniversary. We just might make it to sixteen years.
If you are shy, use the form and I’ll get an e-mail. Leave me a comment saying that you did, so we cover our bases.
For a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.
Also, please tell your friends. You can use your mouth, your phone, your blog; whatever. Let’s get the word out! The world needs more terrible poetry!