WELCOME to The Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest, Week 22.
Please remove all dignified, appropriate rules about poetry and drop them behind a dumpster somewhere, read how to terribly poem, and look at the specifics below:
- This week, we are going to make an acrostic poem. The Topic of said poem is a person you detest.
If his name were Bob, your poem might read:
B lessed waste of
O rgans is
- For Length, your masterpiece must be no longer than the person’s name.
Also, keep the number of people you hate and therefore wish to honor with a poetic address to three.
- Rhyme if you wish; don’t if you’d rather not.
- As always, make it terrible. The person you hate must sense, by aura of recitation alone, your loathing and aversion. He (or she) must follow the scent of vitriol to your computer and vow revenge upon your children’s children.
- Keep things PG-13 or nicer, if you please.
My children have Spring Break next week, which means I do not. Therefore, the deadline for this ‘weekly’ contest will be in two weeks. You have till 8:00 a.m. MST Friday (April 26) to submit a poem.
If you are shy, use the form. Leave me a comment saying that you did as well, just to be certain. I will be able to tell you whether I received it.
For a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.