Good day, fellow poetmasters (or somesuch)! May I be the first to welcome you to Week 35 of the Terrible Poetry Contest?
- The Topic is a limerick about poets who take themselves way too seriously.
- One limerick’s Length is five lines long; an anapaest meter. Double it up for ten, if you wish.
- Limericks rhyme …or, at least, they get really really close.
- The most important rule of thumb is to make it terrible! You need anarchist beatniks in coffee shops the world over to raise themselves from a backlit Apple, scowl over something besides the injustice of everything, and slowly sip their organic latte in pure distaste for what you have done.
- As usual, keep the rating PGish or kinder.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (July 26) to submit a poem.
Use the form below in order to be anonymous for a week.
If you want immediate internet attention and possible comments, however, include your poem or a link to it in the comments below.
I do not read entries until the deadline and always do so with names removed.