Howdy, partners! Welcome to this here terrible poetry contest. We at the ranch have been rounding up bad poetry fer 48 weeks now.
Ready to rodeo? You’ll wanna read a run-down here. Then, saddle up and get yer lasso ready fer fun!
Here some ‘spifics for this round:
- The Topic‘s The Old West. Or, do The New West. Heck, do Midwest if that’s how you ride. Think of a song to sing on a campfire-smoke night, a shout to yell at those darn coyotes, or a rhyme to a cowboy from his sweetheart back home.
- Length is up to you, but many a cowpoke will doze off mid-ride if the trail gets too long.
- Rhymin’s up to you, partner.
- Most importan’ly, Make ‘er terrible. I don’t wanna see yer sorry hide back here till it is.
- Many a rough-rider can have a rough tongue, but sometimes lady folk read this blog. Keep yer comments to a civilized PG-13.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (October 25) to submit a poem.
Use the form below to stay low from The Law.
For instant fame an’ notoriety, leave yer poem or a link in the comments. Ye olde WordPress ain’t always good at pingbacks, if you know what I mean.
©2019 Chelsea Owens