Greetings to all: newcomers, oldcomers, midcomers! Welcome to the Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest #52. For those familiar with math, this means we are at ONE YEAR of terrible poetry.
For those still needing some direction on what terrible poetry is, I’ve written a basic outline here. Got it? Great! Let’s move on.
Here are the specifics for this week:
- Topic: Birth. Childbirth’s a bit high on my mind, or the birthday of this contest, or …go where the prompt takes you.
For kicks, let’s also do a limerick.
- The traditional Length of a limerick is five lines: AABBA, in anapestic meter.
- Limericks totally Rhyme. See the line above this one for direction.
- Make it terrible! Seriously; that’s the point of the whole contest.
- Keep the Rating PG/PG-13ish (or cleaner).
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (November 22) to submit a poem.
Use the form below if you want to be anonymous for a week.
If not, and for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. If you use pingbacks by including a link on your blog, leave a comment if that link doesn’t show up within a day.